Wednesday, September 16, 2015

CSA Harvest - Week #15

Hello hello. It's Wednesday morning and we're baking bread and getting ready for harvest. There's a cool breeze blowing outside and coffee, lots of coffee. Exhaustion hit me this week and my body forced a slow down and rest the last few days. Which is great but not something I can do without getting a little antsy... 

Did everybody see the mountain tops dusted with snow yesterday morning!? Aaah! Such a gorgeous surprise! Oh my, a frost is coming.

With that in mind we are still pulling crops from the hoophouses and seeding and transplanting greens for the winter. It gets a little tricky because I don't want to pull the tomatoes and peppers too early... but it is getting cooler and cooler so make way! There are lots of sweet peppers for the share this week as I cleared one of the pepper beds on Monday and planted scallions and arugula. Ooooo, and I found the sweetest little salamander hanging out in that bed. 

And we are finally cleaning up space outside and seeding cover crops to protect the soil throughout the winter. Woohoo!

OK onto the harvest plan for today! 

Week 15 Harvest Details:

Salad Greens
Lettuce
Kale 
Heirloom Tomatoes
Cherry Tomatoes
Peppers (lots!)
Carrot
Scallions or Onions
Garlic
Herbs

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment